We're back. Welcome to stripedmusic.com!
"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that." (Say Anything, Cameron Crowe, 1989)
This quote expresses really well what my attitude was towards work, and life, when I was a teenager. Of course, people change. You become what you hate, like some guy said. And while your passion for music grows, you find out that buying, selling, processing, trading, producing, releasing, promoting, planning, reviewing, collecting... are just a lot of fun when they involve the things you love.
In my case, the love is for punk, rock, alternative music and art, and freedom in general.
While witnessing the death of music industry as we know it, and finally accepting the fact that I won't fit in my Cheap Monday pants anymore, I've decided it was about time I did something stupid again.
So, here's stripedmusic.com
This business is definitely a trainwreck, but here's a few facts.
- BigCartel was superfun, but it has limits. It's perfect for a single artist, it's not designed to support a whole community like Striped was becoming. So we've built a brand new website with many new features. Accounts, wishlists, categories, gift certificates, search options, tags. I'm sure you'll be happy to finally browse your favorite records in such an easy way.
- the little punk rock shop will grow, as well as the family of bands that give life to it. Expect more music genres, from rocknroll and garage to hardcore and metal - that will result in a wider and super-interesting catalog.
- Striped Records will be operative again.
- the online store is now supported by a real, registered company and we'll be able to provide a great service to customers and bands.
- running this site there's a crew of awesome people that I only wish will grow bigger.
Of course, we have you guys supporting us and that is the biggest value of all.
I'd like to thank these bands and labels for working with Striped these past years, hoping to serve you better from now on: Peawees, Tough, Killtime, Ponches, Teenage Bubblegums, La Crisi, Dangerous Chickens, Monster Zero, BadMan, One Chord Wonder, Surfin' Ki, Leeches, Otis, Mugwumps, Sonic Dolls, Fast Food, Ratbones, Ronin, Mental Beat, Gabba Gabba Book, Chromosomes, Colvins, Dan Vapid And The Cheats, Stop Rec Play, Riccardo Bucchioni, and of course my Manges and Veterans pals.